[haiku] Re: Getting WiFi to work?

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 18:22:47 -0700

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 08:54:37AM +0200, Stefano Ceccherini wrote:
> Il giorno 27/giu/2013 07:59, "Pete Goodeve" <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> ha
> scritto:
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 06:44:51AM +0200, Stefano Ceccherini wrote:
> > > Try to ifconfig the interface down and then up.
> >
> > Hah!  I didn't think that sort of thing was supposed to be necessary...
> > It wasn't showing in ifconfig to start with, so I couldn't bring it
> 'down',
> > but doing 'ifconfig /dev/net/iprowifi4965/0 up' immediately brought
> > it to life!
> >
> I need to do the same on my computer. I have an iprowifi3965. I haven't
> filed a specific ticket because wifi is flaky in general, and I already
> opened a ticket for that.

Seems that my problem is very similar.  When I booted my machine today,wifi was
missing again.  I've put the ifconfig line in my UserBootscript to try and
ensure it will stay available.  We'll see...

Browsing the bug tracker, it looks as if there are several tickets reporting
the same or similar, but my skim didn't show your solution mentioned
(except my own addendum to #9263 last night).

        -- Pete --