[haiku] Getting WiFi to work?

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 18:04:37 -0700

Hi,

After having originally ordered my laptop with one of the wireless
chipsets that is not supported (:-(), i had to return my machine
for a new keyboard [due to a COKE -- Coffee on Keyboard Event (:-/)]
and had them put in an iprowifi4965 card instead while they were
at it..

This is listed as being supported, the syslog seems to show it
being initialized, and it appears in the Devices list.  But it *doesn't"
show in the Network Prefs!  I have run install-wifi-firmwares.sh
which seemed to complete without complaint, but still no wifi.

Am I missing some step?

Thanks,
        -- Pete --