[openbeos] Re: Getting Started continued

  • From: "Jonas Sundstrom" <kirilla@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 09:48:57 +0200 CEST

"David A. Rogers" <darogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've got my GeForce4 card working via VESA.  I just today found out
> about
> the effort to make a true open driver for this.  I'll give that a
> shot
> this weekend.

It's not yet complete, missing some 2D acceleration, which makes
moving windows, scrolling, and opening Tracker folders rather non-
fluid,
but Rudolf Cornelissen is working on it. :)   *respect*

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/be-hold/BeOS/NVdriver/index.html

The fix is to set the color depth as low as you can tolerate.
(so there is less bitmap data to move around)

/Jonas Sundström.                     www.kirilla.com