[openbeos] Re: Get login details while booting.

  • From: Arnold <arnoldvanh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 08:24:20 +0200

2007/5/11, Mat Hounsell mat_geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

Why am I waiting for it to bring up the media subsystem before I can type
my login?
Why interrupt the user with a pointless wait when they could fill that
time doing something useful.

When I boot my PC, I have to supply a password because the network
wouldn't work otherwise, allthough I am the only user and have no
confidential information on this PC.
So I turn on my PC,
Go make coffee,
return to my pc, if I remember
give enter
go drink coffee, listen some radio watch some tv, go shopping because it
still needs to load tons of stuff
surf the internet if I still feel like it.
;-)
Things could be worse, but I completely agree
Authentication and system loading could be more focussed on the user in
stead of the OS.

regards,

Arnold