[openbeos] Re: GUI Submission

  • From: "Andrew Gildehaus" <agildehaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 03:41:01 -0600

> Huh? I'd think red means not mounted (stop! you can't access that drive)
> and green means boot drive (when you boot, this one *goes*). They don't
> look like they're meant to be pressed -- more like indicator lights.

Agreed.

> Ewww.... I frequently use the borders to move windows around if the title
> bar is off the screen. Personal preference I guess.

There was much discussion about this over on the GE mailing list not so long
ago.  A few ideas were discussed but I think the majority thought having all
window borders allowing resizing was a good idea, but a modifier key
(Cmd+drag window border) would allow the window to be moved.  Would have the
ability to configure it, of course.

> The lighting on the buttons gives them a tweaked, warped sort-of look.
Makes
> other objects in the window look crooked to my eye.

Hrm.  I admit I'm not thrilled with the amount of gradient on the buttons
(it will be reduced), but are you speaking of the lines that give the button
a 3D feel?

> The inactive window title tabs seem too dark and stands out a lot from the
rest
> of the window.
>
> The partition names sitting on the desktop in those black boxes seem a
little clumsy.

Agreed.