[haiku] Re: [GSoC]: who is willing to mentor this year?

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:06:29 +0100

Axel Dörfler schrieb:
Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
However, the current BeOS driver accelerant API does not support this, not even true color cursors. I don't feel confident I could change the existing drivers to support this. So if I was to implement this, I would first try to do without changing the existing accelerant implementations.

As a first step, if that would be a GSoC project, the extension of the existing accelerant API should be part of it (although I guess it would be enough to implement that only on one graphics driver as a proof of concept).

Which means you would need to support both ways in app_server anyways, no? And it will never be any other way because of the size limits. In another words starting at the accelerant level means starting with an optimization. I would start at the other end.

Best regards,
-Stephan