[haiku] Re: GSoC: Writing native interfaces for ported applications

  • From: Christopher Humphries <redeye4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 13:23:29 +0100

DVD playback looks easier then, I'm pretty sure I could add that to Media
Player, though I wonder whether I which would be best, adding DVD playback
to the media kit, or directly using the libs?

My idea for a replicant was really only for music.
It's true that I can't really see the application for a video, but when I
start my day I tend to launch a music player, and keep it open all day.
Having centralised controls for that particular player really makes life
easier; that is, from my point of view.

I was wondering what your thoughts were about media libraries too.
I saw the volume problem in the listed bugs, and the solution (remembering
volume for each file using the file system attributes), got me thinking
about tagging media, and really adding a usable library to the player.

VLC has a kind of media library, but it's not really usable, and I'm not
really sure they're going to improve it any time soon, even though I think
it's a pretty core part of any good media player.