[haiku] Re: [GSoC] WebPositive and the WebKit Port

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:23:21 +0100

Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> But I have just been hired for another 160 hours. (Thanks!) If a GSoC
> project was to be submitted regardless, it would either have to be
> quite
> vague, or we would have to do careful planning what I would be working
> on
> and what would be left for the GSoC project. I am not a big fan of
> the
> latter option. First because I tend to work on whatever annoys me
> most, or
> what I find fascinating at the time. And second because I am hired
> specifically to get done as much as possible and bring the browser
> forward
> as best as I can. When I leave out important stuff for a GSoC
> project,
> there is a chance that it will not be completed, which is kind of
> against
> the idea behind hiring me.

Okay, understood - that makes planning indeed a bit harder :-)
Maybe you know things you don't want to mess with in those 160 hours,
like a higher level networking API similar to what Curl delivers. That
would only loosely connected to Web+, though.
Since the student application deadline is April 9, I guess we just have
to live with not having Web+ on the menu then.

Bye,
   Axel.