[haiku] Re: [GSoC] WebPositive and the WebKit Port

  • From: Ankur Sethi <get.me.ankur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:12:10 +0530

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:08 PM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In my personal opinion because we are already employing Stephan to
> work on this project we may not want to put GSoC resources into it. In
> general there are plenty of people who can and will work on this even
> when Stephan has moved on to other things.

Ah. Since it was listed on the ideas page, I thought it was still a
part of GSoC. What does Stephan think about this?

I'm interested in Web+ as a project because I want to work on
something I use regularly. Another idea I'd like to work on is a
native scheduling/calendar application. I have actually thought about
doing this before, and I feel it can fit right into Haiku. I'll type
up a proposal and start a new thread :)

Stephan Assmus wrote:
> Just run the browser, find something that annoys you or that you
> miss, and coordinate with me about what you are going
> to work on.

Aye aye. I'll create a release build and then dig into the code :)

--
Salut,
General Maximus