[haiku] Re: GSoC Web Services Kit OS integration

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 22:44:41 +0200 CEST

> I think that a WebServices Server would be nice to do remote
> management,
> like group policies in Windows world, and to implement language
> independent
> services like DCOM. We could use Haiku services from ruby, python and
> any
> language that supports web services.

I'd rather check (Open)LDAP first, it's not exactly the same, but it's
a standard ;)
It's used to describe the whole architecture of an organization,
including servers and their available services, like smb shares, ...

Btw, it's been years since I've read about Corba, is anyone still using
this ?

François.