[haiku] Re: GSoC Web Services Kit OS integration

  • From: Stephan Lichtenauer <fbsdlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 12:06:11 +0100

Hi,

Am 28.03.2009 um 05:09 schrieb Ryan Leavengood:

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 11:48 PM, Tom Fairfield
<antirush.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm sure, however, that there are much more useful applications
for something like this.  Does anybody have any suggestions?

Well I have an idea that I have been thinking about for a while: on
Haiku we have People files to represent contacts. I use Gmail and have
a lot of contacts there. It would be nice to keep them in sync. Google
has a contacts API (http://code.google.com/apis/contacts/), and a Web
Services Kit add-on that connected to this API would make it trivial
to write a People<->Google Contacts syncing application.

Regards,
Ryan

I agree, that is also one of the first things that comes to my mind: Synchronise addresses and maybe other information like calendaring, some kind of notes, ... (plugin architecture might make sense here) to services like Facebook, Xing, LinkedIn, Google Calendar and maybe even my mobile phone...

Stephan