[openbeos] Re: GSoC: Sub-pixel antialiasing for font rendering

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 17:59:39 +0200

Stephan Assmus wrote:
> I know that there is some filtering involved to avoid strong
> color fringing. You need to define where this happens. I assume Freetype
> already does it, but for the normal vector pipelines, you would need to
> do it yourself "somewhere".

... just thought of that and the cleanest solution would be to write your
own scanline storage implementation, which does the filtering. You probably
have to read all the other stuff including the code first befor you know
what I mean by this, unless you have experience with AGG already.

Best regards,
-Stephan