[openbeos] Re: GSoC: Sub-pixel antialiasing for font rendering

  • From: Andrej Spielmann <andrej.spielmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 10:36:29 +0200

On 6.4.2008, at 10:29, Fredrik Ekdahl wrote:

So to sum it up, it would be optimal to have settings for each attached screen for:

 * Enable subpixel rendering for
   - Nothing
   - Normal text rendering (using Freetype subpixel rendering)
   - All vector rendering (using Freetype + AGG subpixel rendering)
 * Subpixel order
   - RGB
   - BGR
   - etc.

/Fredrik Ekdahl

Yes, I have thought about this. That's more or less what I mean by "proper integration of the new technology within Haiku" in the ninth week of the coding period :-) However, I don't think there's support for more screens in Haiku right now, is there?

Andrej