[haiku] Re: GSoC 2009 -- some more TODO, requesting help.

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:08:41 -0500

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM, Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> Really, I was just thinking that the 2 add-ons can just check for a
>> config setting and just return B_ERROR in identify
>
> Yes, maybe that's indeed another possibility. But it gets more involved with
> regard to modifying this setting from the boot menu.

Doing that would require at least some restructuring as well - at the
moment afaik the ata bus manager is built with more or less the same
module names, etc. as the ide bus manager (since it's intended to be a
complete replacement, not to coexist), so if you wanted to be able to
install both and select one, there'd need to be changes there as well,
especially since you'd have to avoid both of them being loaded
simultaneously at all costs since they'd compete for interrupts and
such.

Regards,

Rene