[haiku] Re: GSoC 2009 -- some more TODO, requesting help.

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:52:53 -0400

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:38 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I guess it will end up on my plate eventually, I just hesitate to take
> it over so that someone can still beat me doing so ;-)

The ata bus manager is more or less way outside my area of expertise
right now, but obviously one cannot grow unless one challenges
oneself.

So if I or someone else was considering this, where should we start
research? There is the code of course, but what about documentation
for the ATA standard, etc.? And what is the recommended development
approach? Could it be done initially on VMware?

Regards,
Ryan