[haiku] Re: GSoC 2009

  • From: André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 23:13:29 -0200

Em 20/01/2009, às 23:01, "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
Any thought on reviving the directx wrapper and adding it to Haiku?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxglwrap
Might be worthy of a GSoC project?
-scottmc

Now that our memory mapping matches Windows' and UNIX (kernel maps high, userland maps low) and we have "working" sockets and mmap, and now that ReactOS paved the way for adapting Wine to a non-Unix kernel, how about considering Wine proper and not just DX wrappers?

It might be more worthy a candidate out of motivation alone (and being cross-project might help); Wine is more familiar and higher profile a target than DXGLWrap.

JMHO,
Cheers,
A.