[haiku] Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2011 Announced

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:42:53 -0500

Hi all,

Carol Smith just announced that Google will indeed be having its Summer of
Code Program!

In case anyone is not sure, Yes! I do plan on submitting Haiku as a
mentoring organization :D

In addition to the links at the bottom of Carol's mail, here are some Haiku
specific pages:

  Work in progress ideas page :
    http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/GoogleSummerOfCodeIdeas
  Main Haiku GSoC page:
    http://www.haiku-os.org/community/gsoc

In the coming days (or weeks), a Google Summer of Code 2011 logo and flyers
*should* appear at
  http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/GsocLogos
  http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/downloads/list
  http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/GsocFlyers

Would anyone be interested in making a Haiku specific flyer?

Cheers!

mmadia