[haiku] Friendly reminder about time zone change effects

  • From: Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 20:25:53 +1100

Morning / afternoon / evening.

Here in Australia we changed the clocks due to daylight savings time (one
hour forward).  Time based calculations can sometime go crazy for objects
created at different times, especially in a development environment where
the object file creation time is compared to the source file creation time.
 I was stuck in an infinite mkdepend loop in Haiku trying to compile my
project.  Suits me right for setting my clock to local time instead of GMT.

Just a friendly reminder to check your file time stamps if you encounter a
similar problem.

PS.  I've been porting my iPhone OpenGL projects to Haiku.  If I get 7
frames per second in VESA and software rendering (MESA), can I expect a
slightly better frame rate with a native 2D driver? Obviously, when we
eventually get HW accelerated 3D drivers the frame rate will be even higher.

PSS, Obligatory screen shot of Desert Combat (
http://www.users.on.net/~zenja/desertcombat/images/desert_combat_14_09_2009.jpg
)