[openbeos] Re: Freshly built Haiku won't boot

  • From: "Sean Healy" <jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:27:11 -0600

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 04:42:13 -0600,  wrote:

Success!

I tried mounting the jam-generated image and copyingthe files over - no luck

I re-initialized the partition and ran makebootable again, then tried everything all over again - no luck

Finally, I re-installed BootManager and tried again - and it worked!

When I set up this virtual disk, I had to install BeOSMax in QEMU, since VMware Player wouldn't read the boot floppy. My QEMU setup must have been different, and BootManager ended up pointing at the wrong partition for Haiku.