[openbeos] Fortran for BeOS ? Was: Multiprocessing,Mutithreading - Linux vs Openbeos

  • From: <kevin.lawton@xxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:12:42 -0000

Okay, I've always loved the simplicity of deploying BeOS 4.5, and found BeOS
5.0 very usable once installed. Various issues over Matrox Graphics cards and
Athlon processors were eventually solved via the BeShare web site. Anyway if
there is reasonable interest in deploying Fortran under OpenBeOS I'd be happy
to take it on board once the system can be booted from hard disk. The question
is: 'Is there any interest in Fortran' - or thesedays does the general
inclination lie towards Java and suchlike ?
BTW: I can think of a few examples where I've programmed Java server-side
applications which spawn (many) processes. :-)