[openbeos] Re: Font Sensitivity

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 15:51:48 CET (+0100)

> > Hate to say it, 'cause folks have wanted this for a long time, but
> > it'll
> > have to wait until R2. =(
> Eric, I know you lead the interface-team, so you surely have your
> reasons for
>  that, but I really would think again about that issue, before we
> produce ugly
>  coordinate-code.
>
> I think I never wrote for the plain Be-GUI, always used liblayout,
> and never
>  looked back.
>
> OTOH, writing a layout-lib is not a 1-day-task, so you're right that
> it would
>  cost us time we don't really have.

Allen Brunson is currently working on a liblayout replacement (not API
compatible) which will address some of the short-comings of Marco's
liblayout library like proper spacing between objects.
As far as I understand him, it will be completely open-source - so
perhaps we can use his work to integrate it in OpenBeOS.

Adios...
   Axel.