[openbeos] Re: Followup: OpenBeOS in competition with BeOS

  • From: paul balez <nipeng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Michael Wulff Nielsen' <naish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;" <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 01:51:52 GMT+1

> why I fell in love with BeOS in the first place:
>
> It made computing FUN again.

You are right.

As linux does in the Unix world...
A free BeOS (or BeOSlike...) should be the
symbol of computer programming passion.
I think we need a modern OS using OOP.
( and why not an Aspect OOP... ;-) )

Because lots of programmers want to use modern tools
instead of debugginf Unix again and again.

Instead of reinventing the Wheel...
os reusing it, why making it modern !
Why not progressing in the wheel making technology ?

> What I am going to do is this:
>
> 1. Read all the documentation on PC hw that I can find.

Right! You won 1point ;-)

> 2. Figure out how to talk to a gfx card.

I need to learn Multithreading (with AOP in mind)
(please don't try to copy the Intel OpenMP solution,
it is so dumb to try to create a language for each
problem !!!)

> 3. Hack some preliminary graphics into the NewOS kernel.

2 points !!!

> 4. Crash my computer about 100.000 times.
> 5. Aim at being source level compatible with BeOS

And why not trying to use better things if possible ?
(for that OpenBeos need a leading team and a decision group)

> 6. Have fun..

1-2-3-4 & 5, aren't they fun ? :-D

> I just hack i my spare time because I love it, not
because I
> have to make money with it.

Open != Money

> If some of the people on this list feels the same way,
then let's
> hack together and have fun.

Let's play !!!

---
paul Balez
EPITA student
"mangez des pommes" Jacques Chirac (dumb french president)
Boîte aux lettres - Caramail - http://www.caramail.com