[haiku] Re: Fixed width user guide

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 07:15:16 -0700

Hi Humdinger,

Humdinger wrote:
Jorge G. Mare wrote:
 > http://haikuzone.net/images/2009-08-21_hug-kayout-compare.png

These are relatively minor tweaks that I think would help improve the already awesome user guide. But I don't feel that strong (as you probably do) about it, so feel free to take them or leave them. :)

I'm not that particularly attached to a layout. I guess I get used to a layout quickly and then don't see its shortcommings so easily. So, thanks for your input. Anyway, I'm convinced. :) I take it, your above screenshot isn't a mockup and you have the changes to css and the changed "Haiku User Guide" logo laying around? Would you send them to me so I can make the necessary modifications?

I simply changed margin-top for H1/H2/H3/H4 to 30px and their font size to 1.3/1.2/1.1/1.0em, respectively. It looks good here, but you could experiment a bit with those values.

Sending you the logo off the list.

BTW, I also like the rearranged navigation < $prev_topic :: Contents :: $next_topic >
and the normal-weight links in the index box.

Cool! Thanks for all the work!

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki