[haiku] Re: Fixed width user guide

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 19:17:54 +0200

Jorge G. Mare wrote:
When I first saw the guide that you created (which I really really like(d), btw), my first reaction was: oh wait, but where is the page title here? :)

The actual design was done by Stephan and François, IIRC. All their fault. :)
The placing up there may be unorthodox, but not totally hidden.
The browser window title shows the document title as well, BTW.

Agreed, we don't want to waste valuable screen real estate. Perhaps you could then want to consider reducing the H1 class margin-top from the current 50px to something like 30px. That would definitely save quite a bit of white space. ;)

I disagree. Moving the title below the logo would unnecessarily waste space. The space in front of H1/2/3 serves a purpose: It helps to distinguish blocks of content and also helps when scrolling down a longer page.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de