[haiku] Firewall?

  • From: "Raymond C. Rodgers" <sinful622@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 13:37:29 -0500

Karl's mention of the FreeBSD reminded me that I wanted to ask if the network stack currently has a firewall built into it, and if so, whether it was a custom one or ported. On Saturday, just to see what nmap said, I ran a scan against Haiku, and it reported that the only two ports that it found open were filtered. I didn't see any signs of ipf, iptables, or OpenBSD's pf in the etc folder, so I'm guessing it's just a really carefully managed network stack.

If there's no firewall at this point, are there any plans to implement one? If so, which one? Might I recommend pf for its ability to make like a hole in the internet? ;-)

Raymond