[openbeos] Re: Firefox in Haiku gcc4

  • From: Sean Healy <jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:54:13 -0700

Thanks to Ryan Leavengood's help on setting up crosscompiling from Linux we should soon be able to provide you with Firefox2 builds specifically built for Haiku and gcc4. I guess productivity will go down (or up) :)

I am a web programmer working from home, and if we could get Firefox, Pe, Apache, and PHP fully working, I could actually switch to Haiku as my main working platform.

I'd have to run it via VMware (since it won't run on my laptop), and I'd still have to switch back to Windows to check things out on IE, but it'd be pretty cool to be able to actually be productive on Haiku.

On the other hand, Be still runs on my old desktop, and I suppose eventually I could run Haiku on that machine and connect via VNC from my laptop...

Pe was recently discussed; does anyone know whether Apache and PHP will compile and run in Haiku? And whether I can get to localhost even if networking is not fully functional?

If no one knows whether this is possible, I may have to take some time this weekend and check it out.