[haiku] Firefox 3+ for Haiku

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:35:53 +0100

Hi guys,

I would like to poll people here on whether there is any/enough
developer interest to start a port of Firefox-trunk for Haiku.

The port would require quite a lot of work in quite a few areas of
expertise, but the knowledge on the Firefox side is still here (fyysik
and tqh), and perhaps other people can help out my.

My contribution would be setting up a central website (Trac) +
git/mercurial repositories and working with people on preparing
upstream patches.

This is meant as an alternative for the Webkit browser. Though that's
a descent project, it is still far away from creating a usable and
stable browser.

Anyone interested?