[haiku] Re: File system races?

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 11:56:47 +0200

Am 05/08/2017 um 21:53 schrieb David Given:

Is anyone aware of any problems with the file system (potentially only showing up on slow machines) where closing a file and then immediately reopening it will fail?
[...]
Has anyone observed anything similar?

No, and I can't think of a possible reason why this would happen (unless the files really were deleted prematurely, but I guess time will prove me wrong :-)).

How are the files passed from stage to stage? Who is cleaning up the temporary files, and when?
Maybe there is a bug in the communication between the stages that is causing the issue.

Bye,
   Axel.