[openbeos] Re: File system

  • From: Clay Vincent Schentrup <cvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 00:27:32 -0500

>> i think if speed's an issue for someone, create another filesystem or
>> port
>> XFS/ReiserFS/
>> ext3 or whatever to R5 and it should work in OBOS, right? ;)

>I'm sure having support for new filesystem won't harm at all, but again it's
>not what we need *now* :)
>François.
     Well, BeOS already reads like 10 file systems by default right?   I mean,
it even reads my XFS linux partition (but thinks it is EXT2 or something) it
reads FAT, NTFS, yadda yadda.  So if we are talking compatibility here..will
OBOS (heh..kinda sounds like "Oboe") read/write to any file systems other than
OBOSfs??

Clay