[haiku] Re: Fetching mail via pop3 from GMail

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 00:03:25 +0100

On 2011-12-11 at 21:54:03 [+0100], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On 12/11/2011 09:08 PM, Clemens wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 00:22:29 +1300, Humdinger
> >> Since December 6th the mail_daemon refuses to fetch pop3 mail from my
> >> GMail account (around the 8th I got a few more mails but nothing since).
> >> My other pop3 account at GMX has no problems.
> > Got the message that APOP is not supported, thus I switched it to plain
> > txt in the preflet and this works. However, still got some weird crashes
> > in BStringList, will look into it later...
> [...]
> > ps. gmail's IMAP works
>
> Certainly not from here. I just tried to reach them from
> haiku-files.org, but it's the same problem; it just times out.

Both gmail's IMAP & POP seem to work just fine for me, using Beam. I've been
able to connect to my gmail-account via POP and fetch the few mails I have
there without any problems.

Axel: which ports have you tried? I'm asking because gmail seems to support
only the TLS/SSL ports (i.e. 993 for IMAP, 995 for POP), the plain ports are
closed.

cheers,
        Oliver