[haiku] Re: Fetching mail via pop3 from GMail

  • From: Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 09:08:58 +1300

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 00:22:29 +1300, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi there!

Since December 6th the mail_daemon refuses to fetch pop3 mail from my
GMail account (around the 8th I got a few more mails but nothing since).
My other pop3 account at GMX has no problems.

Does anyone know if Google changed some things around that trips our
mail_daemon?
I tried to fetch under R1/alpha3, but get the log message after a
longish wait that some action would block. (BTW, the new notification
system doesn't give any such hints).

Suspecting some email corrupting things, I deleted every mail after
December 3rd from the GMail webinterface. Still no go.

This really sucks hard! I forgot how much I hate webinterfaces, even
more so the simple-HTML view to be usable under Haiku. Browsing and
searching through local files is so much faster.

Can anyone help?
Thanks!

Got the message that APOP is not supported, thus I switched it to plain txt in the preflet and this works. However, still got some weird crashes in BStringList, will look into it later...

Cheers,
        Clemens

ps. gmail's IMAP works