[haiku] Re: Fetching mail via pop3 from GMail

  • From: Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 22:22:12 +1300

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 21:44:32 +1300, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Oliver Tappe<zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2011-12-11 at 21:54:03 [+0100], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Certainly not from here. I just tried to reach them from
> haiku-files.org, but it's the same problem; it just times out.
Both gmail's IMAP & POP seem to work just fine for me, using Beam. I've been able to connect to my gmail-account via POP and fetch the few mails I have
there without any problems.

Axel: which ports have you tried? I'm asking because gmail seems to support only the TLS/SSL ports (i.e. 993 for IMAP, 995 for POP), the plain ports are
closed.

I know, but I obviously mistakenly assumed that "ssh -p 993 imap.gmail.com" would behave in the same way as a "telnet imap.gmail.com 143" does. Apparently it doesn't, so my test seems to have been flawed

ok, tackled the BStringList problem down and it is probably (99%) that there is another version of it in libmail.so. This one should be replaced by the public version. The problem is that there are some additional -= operator used in this version which are not in the public api... will not have time to fix it before tomorrow evening/probably later. So if somebody want to step in...

Regards,
        Clemens