[haiku] Fetching mail via pop3 from GMail

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "General Haiku ML" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 12:22:29 +0100

Hi there!

Since December 6th the mail_daemon refuses to fetch pop3 mail from my
GMail account (around the 8th I got a few more mails but nothing since).
My other pop3 account at GMX has no problems.

Does anyone know if Google changed some things around that trips our
mail_daemon?
I tried to fetch under R1/alpha3, but get the log message after a
longish wait that some action would block. (BTW, the new notification
system doesn't give any such hints).

Suspecting some email corrupting things, I deleted every mail after
December 3rd from the GMail webinterface. Still no go.

This really sucks hard! I forgot how much I hate webinterfaces, even
more so the simple-HTML view to be usable under Haiku. Browsing and
searching through local files is so much faster.

Can anyone help?
Thanks!

Regards,
Humdinger