[haiku] Re: Facebook page needs officers

  • From: Ari Haviv <arielbhaviv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:44:32 -0400

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 2:56 AM, Jonathon
Freeman<j_freeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> there are actually 2 other facebook pages
> http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=35685723374&ref=search
> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haiku-OS/39827557738?ref=search
>

> Is that the "official" Haiku fan page on Facebook? I almost created one a
> few months ago when nothing came up in the search results, but it insisted
> on creation by an official representative of the organization. My suggestion
> is to add a link to this on the website if it is indeed the official fan
> page; otherwise, we should create one (whoever has the "credentials") and
> link it. Afterall, I'm a fan of Ubuntu on FB, why not Haiku? (Groups and fan
> pages are not the same, BTW.)

None of the sites are official but I would give the org control if they wished

I set up my site
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10726681940&ref=search
as a group site.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haiku-OS/39827557738?ref=search
was set up by someone as a fan site but it doesn't appear to be official