[openbeos] Re: FW: Re: ioperm

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 18:41:24 +0100 CET

"Jan-Rixt Van Hoye" <janvanhoye@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes I've searched all along the net to make it possible, but I didn't
> find
> anything. I know now that it would be better to write a device driver
> for
> the fan and then make a little program that uses this driver.  It is
> not
> easy for a newbie, but I'm happy that the community helps.

I only partially agree with Michael here: of course, the clean solution
is to use a kernel driver - that will guarantee you compatibility with
future versions of the BeOS.
*But* for testing purposes, and for the initial development stage
(proof-of-concept, etc.) it's great to be able to do that stuff in a
userland application.

Bye,
   Axel.