[openbeos] Re: FW: Re: ioperm

  • From: "Jan-Rixt Van Hoye" <janvanhoye@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:02:18 +0200

ok, but is there a header file where I can find these functions?

thx
    JR

> I have programmed a part of the program and I can make an executable.
> When I run > the executable I get the following error: 'General
protection fault'.  I think this means > that I have to reserve some
memory to be able to run some assembly instructions.  So I > thought it
could be something about the 'ioperm' function, but I am not sure.

> Is there someone who knows why I get this error and how I can fix it?

Are you trying to do out/in in a userland application? That of course,
won't work.
*But* there are the private (!) calls read_isa_io() and write_isa_io()
in libroot.so - maybe they can be of service for you.

Bye,
   Axel.