[haiku] Re: FTP delayed or unresponsive from "the outside"

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku ML <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 15:33:44 -0500

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Dane Scott - TuneTracker Systems
<signalcaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The odd part is, within a building, FTP transfers fly.  It's just when coming
> into a
> router from an outside location that things get funky.

I'm not an expert, but I've done some work with FTP lately, and things
get tricky with the data port. So I'm sure the problem is related to
that, since the data port has to get past firewalls, and firewalls are
the main difference between an internal network and an external one.

--
Regards,
Ryan