[openbeos] Re: FC07 - Permission to create promotional VMWare image distributed on CD

  • From: "André Braga" <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 22:57:55 -0300

On 8/2/07, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Haiku has some problems yet, for example in the scheduler, which IMHO make
> it look bad, especially when it is supposed to be fast.

Hi,

On the subject of the scheduler: I'm currently enjoying my single-week
vacation before classes resume, so code writing is halted ATM. I'm
back on Saturday, and I pretty much hope to send Axel a bunch of
patches on Wednesday (not my binding word on the subject, though. Just
an educated guess based on my schedule (no pun intended!) and current
progress).

I can't promise to have ANYTHING worth testing on the demo image, but
I'll at least try to take it into account. Can't really promise
anything regarding the per-semaphore boosting code, but the scheduling
algorithm itself should be in a working condition by then.

*fingers crossed*

Cheers,
A.