[openbeos] Re: FC07 - Permission to create promotional VMWare image distributed on CD

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 02:42:41 +0200

Hi Urias,

> The target audience will be attendees at the Linux 16th Anniversary
> Picnic in Sunnyvale, CA.

Haiku has some problems yet, for example in the scheduler, which IMHO make
it look bad, especially when it is supposed to be fast. The app_server
still has drawing problems and is slow, the system can appear to lock up
with an amok running thread. Are you sure this is what you want to hand out
at the Linux Picnic? It might be the first impression of Haiku your victims
are going to get.

It is different to demo Haiku on one of your laptops, where you are there
to explain things to people. As opposed to them trying it at home and being
likely irritated.

If you absolutely have to do it, either one of your proposed ways to
display the disclaimer is fine by me, I prefer the desktop background.

To the list of applications, I'd add Pe, but make sure that it has
preinstalled settings, otherwise it will take forever to load the first
time. Make sure it doesn't display the Worksheet.

Best regards,
-Stephan