[openbeos] Exploring Grant Funding

  • From: czapla@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:15:16 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

(This is a modified cross-posting from the Haiku forums...)

Congratulations, Michael and everyone, on receipt of non-profit organization
status! This is terrific news!

Now that this foundation has been laid ... does anyone here have any experience
(preferably successful) with grant-proposal writing? Has anyone else been
thinking about the possibility of going after some *big* money, i.e., grants
for non-profit organizations of volunteers working selflessly in the public
interest? A few tens of thousands of dollars would come in pretty handy, I
imagine... Stipends, code bounties, PR efforts, hardware acquistions for driver
development, etc., etc., anything that helps realize the Haiku vision could be
funded in this way.

My first fishing expedition this afternoon turned up this hit:
http://www.linuxfund.org/programs/npo/dev/

Don't be put off by the penguinista domain name: their focus is FLOSS in
general.

Any interest?

Czeslaw

P.S. Michael: Ania enjoyed herself at WalterCon, and plans to attend again next
year. She has promised to write to you about her impressions; I'll keep nudging
her until she does... She did complain that the room "smelled like boys"... :-)