[haiku] Error building silc-client

  • From: Niklas Niklas <noisetonepause@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:44:39 +0100

Hello list.

I built Haiku from svn last night on my FreeBSD-system and installed it
in a real partition on my Thinkpad T20. I've not booted Haiku for at
least a year and a half and I must say I'm very impressed with the
progress, both in speed and stability.

I also installed the developer tools to try and build the silc-client,
an app that I have come to rely on. I don't get very far with that,
though, as the configure script doesn't even start. I've pasted the
output from the configure script here:

begin paste **
./config.guess: unable to guess system type

This script, last modified 2007-05-17, has failed to recognize
the operating system you are using. It is advised that you
download the most up to date version of the config scripts from

  http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/config/config/config.guess
and
  http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/config/config/config.sub

If the version you run (./config.guess) is already up to date, please
send the following data and any information you think might be
pertinent to <config-patches@xxxxxxx> in order to provide the needed
information to handle your system.

config.guess timestamp = 2007-05-17

uname -m = BePC
uname -r = 1
uname -s = Haiku
uname -v = r28596 Nov 11 2008 00:45:33

/usr/bin/uname -p =
/bin/uname -X     =

hostinfo               =
/bin/universe          =
/usr/bin/arch -k       =
/bin/arch              =
/usr/bin/oslevel       =
/usr/convex/getsysinfo =

UNAME_MACHINE = BePC
UNAME_RELEASE = 1
UNAME_SYSTEM  = Haiku
UNAME_VERSION = r28596 Nov 11 2008 00:45:33
configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one
** end paste

I didn't try to download the files mentionen, as the utils it's
trying to run don't seem to produce meaningful output. I've no idea
where to go from here, really. Any pointers?

Niklas