[haiku] Re: Enhancements

  • From: Code Monkey <developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 16:00:29 -0400

I'd like to push for a tracker add-ons/enhancement to mount sftp/ftp as if it
was a volume. That's something my mom could probably use.

This probably gets broken down as a sftpfs driver and an ftpfs driver. sftp and
ftp are very well documented protocols and the command line tools are already
there. Biggest problem as far as I can see is how to store credentials. I
really like the Mac OS X Keychain and would really like to see something like
it in R1. I use the Keychain everyday with my work. This should also be
considered as an enhancement to the Wireless Network stack. Being able to
retrieve the wireless key is very helpful to tech support people.

No I'm not the person to do the *fs stuff at least and probably not even a
password wallet / system credential service. I'm relearning C++ at the moment
after 12yrs of not looking at C and several years of not even coding.

Tom