[haiku] Re: Email formatting police

  • From: Ben Allen <ben.allen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 18:59:54 -0500

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Truls Becken wrote:
>>
>> I'm wondering if a bullet point on configuring your mail program to send
>> messages as plain text should be added to the etiquette?
>>
>> HTML a.k.a "Rich Text" messages are extremely annoying because the font
>> tends to show up smaller or bigger than normal.
>>

> I agree, i too just noticed it wasn't in the guidelines yet, maybe it's a
> problem with gmail users or something..
>
> Regards,
> Alex

If this is anything like the email formatting issues I see at work,
the biggest problem may be emails being sent from mobile phones.  They
don't always give you option of top-posting or bottom-posting, HTML or
plain text, etc, nor do they even make it clear which options you are
defaulting to.  Even worse is that I know of at least one mobile phone
OS that has a bug that can cause quoted text in nested replies to lose
the "so-and-so wrote" line, making it (and all replies/quotes beneath
it) appear like they are part of a different person's message.

-Ben