[openbeos] Re: Duplicated Entire Project.

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:10:17 +0100

1/28/02 4:01:33 PM, Michael Pfeiffer <michael.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> No problem. I have removed the files for you and checked in the
>>> source code for your DUN application.
>>
>>Ehm - now it's even worse??
>
>You know, only SourceForge administration can "really" delete directories!
>
>>http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/open-beos/preferences/DUN/
>>I get a list of all the kits, alongside DUN ?
>
>You can not avoid this in the repository browser, but when you check
>out the "preferences" module you can specifiy a flag to not check out
>empty directories.

Here is the relevant part from the excellent OBOS Newsletter:

You can use the "-P" option when checking out: this will prune empty
directories --
i.e. not put them into the working copy. Thus 'some_dir' will not appear in a
checked
out working copy. But it's still really there in the repository. This means
anyone else
who checks out a copy will still see 'some_dir' unless they also use "-P" when
checking
out. And even if everyone always uses the prune option when doing checkouts, you
 can still see the directories when using the online CVS browser that
Sourceforge
provides. It really is quite annoying.

- Michael