[openbeos] Drivers and you

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 00:26:38 -0400

Has anyone out there had strange troubles with drivers not mounting?
I had to reboot to see my USB driver show up, but Be's digit driver showed up
right away.
Then, though, I rebuilt it, renamed it and copied it into the same directory
(~/config/add-ons/kernel/bin) and the appropriate linking to ../dev/misc, and
it didn't show up until after a reboot.

I would have assumed that the kernel uses node monitoring for this, but it
seems to work sporadically, if at all. ;-/ Rebooting always seems to work,
though.