[openbeos] Re: Do we want to recreate SoftwareValet/PackageBuilder?

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 00:29:24 +0200

Hello Ryan,

Up front - i'm sorry I have not been helpful at all with the icon editor
yet.
To be perfectly honest, much more important than SV (i think) would be
DriveSetup. The one from R5 cannot be used, since we have a new API for
this stuff. Software Vallet OTOH and PackageBuilder are there and probably
work. I know we cannot ship them with Haiku, i just mean DriveSetup is more
urgent. That being, said, i have suggested to a couple people now that
DriveSetup is a neat project.... though i don't know if anybody really
picked up the idea. :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan