[openbeos] Re: Do we want to recreate SoftwareValet/PackageBuilder?

  • From: DarkWyrm <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 09:26:07 -0400

Being able to support SV packages would be a good thing, I think, if you consider the number of them on BeBits that are available. mphipps has had the intention of us going to something more like OS X app bundles, but I think that there should be a packaging system which handles some of the limitations of that system (like add-ons and shared libraries) in addition to using them. IOW, I think it's a good idea to be able to support the packages, but not recreate SoftwareValet in its entirety.

--DarkWyrm