[openbeos] Re: Distropia

  • From: Mat Hounsell <mat_geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:38:05 +1100 (EST)

The most elegant solution is to have Haiku installer that installs a bootable
and configurable system with a web browser. (camera, showimage, gcc maybe).

Now if our online software had a way to build an iso so you could surf it as if
online, then we could possiblely distribute that on or with the haiku cd.

The other option is simplely "Haiku Recommeds" a sub-project, run by end users
of stable extremely useful (preferablely OSS) osbos programs.

I would suggest we start with Process Controller, Pe, Clue, ScummVM (inc Amazon
Queen).

I would leave developing 'the best' package management until R2 when fildirute
and better translators are ready.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo