[haiku] Differences between BeOS and Haiku

  • From: "Miroslav Stimac" <Miroslav.Stimac@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 22:04:07 +0200

Hello,

Could you please tell me what are the main differences between Haiku and BeOS?
On the website of Haiku I could not find much information.

Until now I think that Haiku supports some modern hardware devices and supports
GCC2 and GCC4, depending on the distribution.
BeOS supports only GCC2, or?

Are there any other differences?

Are other differences planned for the future, such as new features regarding
the graphic user interface or some other part of the operating system?

Best wishes,
Miroslav Stimac