[openbeos] Developing for OpenBeOS

  • From: Mathew Hounsell <mat.geek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 21:37:45 -0800 (PST)

The documentation for BeOS PE5 says that it can only be installed on the
Windows C drive. This isn't totally true. If you wish to it from within
windows it is true. But if you make a boot disk, using the tool installed
then you can boot if it's on another windows partition. It might even be
possible to install two copies on different partitions ( I haven't tried ).
I thought it might be useful to someone who does not what to kill there BeOS
partition working on OpenBeOS.

Also a small thought for server developers. If a server uses ports to
comunicate with the clients, you can do a find to see if the ports open and
if not start the server.

 Get 100% private, FREE email for life from Excite Australia
 Visit http://inbox.excite.com.au/